- RSS Channel Showcase 4528991
- RSS Channel Showcase 1332054
- RSS Channel Showcase 6111424
- RSS Channel Showcase 5280710
Articles on this Page
- 08/24/10--17:56: _No Shit Sherlock
- 08/29/10--11:18: _I'm A Mutant, Not A...
- 09/12/10--14:23: _On Revision
- 09/16/10--19:16: _For As Long As I Kn...
- 09/23/10--17:48: _Welcome To The Dise...
- 11/11/10--15:46: _The Exorcist
- 11/17/10--18:22: _Prime Time Mutants
- 12/14/10--17:48: _A Funked Up Situation
- 12/20/10--17:51: _Accepted!
- 01/06/11--17:59: _Happy Boobiversary!
- 08/24/10--17:56: No Shit Sherlock
- 08/29/10--11:18: I'm A Mutant, Not A Guinea Pig
- 09/12/10--14:23: On Revision
- 09/16/10--19:16: For As Long As I Know How To Love, I Know That I Will Thrive
- 09/23/10--17:48: Welcome To The Disease Of The Month Club!
- 11/11/10--15:46: The Exorcist
- 11/17/10--18:22: Prime Time Mutants
- 12/14/10--17:48: A Funked Up Situation
- 12/20/10--17:51: Accepted!
- 01/06/11--17:59: Happy Boobiversary!
Prophylactic mastectomy is major surgery that carries major risks of both life threatening and life altering complications. Duh. I'm not usually in the PSA business and stating the obvious isn't my idea of fun. But it seems to me that...
A few months ago, I read a fascinating book by Rebecca Skloot, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. Skloot's book is required reading for anyone interested in the confluence of genetics, research, medicine, law and ethics. Like the titular Henrietta,...
Believe it or not, it has already been three months since my final revision surgery. So last night I finally got around to taking some photos of the final product. If you'd like to see them, please email me at...
I usually don't react to blogger noise, particularly to spew like this but I felt that this post, and particularly the comments that followed it, was so ignorant and misguided that I thought I would post a few remarks here....
On September 15, our congress, in its infinite wisdom, passed HR 1522 officially designating the last week of September as National Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer (HBOC) Week and the last Wednesday of the month as National Previvor Day. I...
I can't believe that it's been over a month since my last post. I've just been so busy working, dealing with family issues and trying to maintain my sanity in the face of the usual chaos that I haven't had...
This season, the HBO series, In Treatment, features a character, Frances, who has recently been tested for a BRCA mutation. The basic premise of the show is to show actual, albeit fictionalized, psychotherapy, in "real time". Each episode of the...
I haven't been able to blog much lately for the simple reason that I've been too dispirited, disappointed, frustrated, fed up - pick your adjective. Isn't this blog supposed to be uplifting, inspirational, empowering - the tale of my victory...
First there was some good news: First of all, I don't have uterine cancer. Not that there was really much of a chance of that since (a) uterine cancer is not associated with BRCA mutations and (b) uterine cancer is...
Things seem to be gradually improving, to wit: Dr. Lucky switched me to a new HRT regime - a combination of an estrogen patch and a progesterone pill. A few days after the switch, I started bleeding heavily, so heavily...